Within the V-MOVE program, CINECA Supercomputing Center in Bologna (Italy) is offering a position for an intern in the field of Cloud-based remote visualisation, Web-based large-scale visualisation and Digital Asset Management. Interested researchers and professionals may apply through the Call4Mobility.
Name of the hosting institution: CINECA
Link: http://www.cineca.it/en; http://www.cineca.it/en/progetti/genus-bononiae-museums-city-3d-movie
Brief description of the unit hosting the internship:
CINECA is a consortium of Italian universities and public research bodies, providing ICT and HPC services to the national scientific communities. Our facilities host the largest High-performance Computing (HPC) installations in Italy with various architectures.
The Visualization LAB in the SCAI SuperComputing Applications and Innovation Department has been involved in scientific visualization and Cultural Heritage projects regarding immersive systems, VR, Remote and Web visualization. CINECA is providing data and computing services for the V-Must platform.
Max number of internships/year: 2
Areas of host institution’s expertise for internship proposals:
- Digital Asset Management for medium-scale projects (platform services, render farm integration, groupware collaboration tools, modelling pipeline integration, especially Blender)
- 3D digital format management tools
- Cloud-based remote visualization services
- Web-based, large-scale visualization
- Deployment of cloud-based services for Cultural Heritage.
Benefit to host:
FMobile application development, photo modelling
One or more of the following:
- ICT Service development skills (Python, PHP, Java, C++ programming)
- 3D modelling tools knowledge (Blender)
- OpenGL, Computer graphics knowledge
- Mobile application development
- HPC experience
April to September in 2012, 2013 and 2014
12 - 24 weeks
In 2012 only, possible support from HPC-Europa programme (sourcing and reimbursement)
Facilities and Supervision:
Access to HPC environment (512 nodes GPU enabled facility), dev workstation, Various dev environment, Virtual theatre (a semi immersive VR installation), Available training on HPC systems, Python scripting, Blender.